Start and dieing - GMC Savana Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-23-2021, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Start and dieing

1998 Savana. 77000 original miles. I am the second owner. I purchased it 4 years ago with 28000 miles from the University of Tn. I have drove the van almost 50k miles. I parked it for about 2 months. Went to start it, ofcourse battery was dead. Used booster cables and the van will start and immediately die. Within near 2 seconds. I when purchased installed a brand new gas tank, filter and fuel pump. I figured the cheap 150 fuel pump gave out, so today, I installed another brand new pump. It has nearly 3/4 of a tank of fresh fuel in it. Installed brand new battery, and it will still only start and immediately die. It does not have all the security stuff on it that I see sometimes needs reprogrammed. It doesn't have the magnetic key (big round one.), And I've never had a key like that. Any suggestions as to what it could be. Both the new and old fuel pump prime, and build pressure and then once it dies, and the pump builds pressure and cuts off properly. Every fuse is good, checked all the grounds and they are fine. Ecu are clean and minty. Fuel pump relay has been changed. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page