New here, setting up a 2014 AWD 1500 triple barn door GMC Savana for my business. - GMC Savana Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New here, setting up a 2014 AWD 1500 triple barn door GMC Savana for my business.

Hello, all!
I have 2 Savanas for now. I am a contractor / small business owner. My current Savana is a 2015 former U Haul van... Somehow it is a 2500 but with the smaller V8. I built some wood racks in it and added a full-time electric rear view mirror with a camera in the 3rd brake light, remote start with key fobs (aftermarket, professionally installed, not OEM) and that's about it. Last year I moved to Vermont and I live up a windy dirt road and have a steep dirt driveway which the 2wd model simply cannot handle. Last week I picked up a 2014 1500 AWD with the bigger V8 gas engine and I would like to modify it myself. Mostly, I am interested in adding an integrated backup and front camera to a new stereo head unit which will pair and play nice with my Android phone and I'd really like to add a key fob for easy keyless entry... remote start is a bonus. Lastly, the 2015 has the pretty grill with the 4 aerodynamic headlights whereas the newly acquired one has the two big blocky lights (which I detest). Before selling the 2wd van, I'm contemplating swapping the headlights and housings and I would love to hear from anyone who has done this.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page